Wednesday 4 April 2012

Smokin' Weed, Sippin' Codeine, Keepin' it Real


In an interview with the Guardian, Drake confessed that in the past he turned to drugs to cope with the pressures of fame.

Admitting to self-medicating with prescription painkillers and marijuana Drake discussed the stress placed upon him and the ways in which he has dealt with this stress in the past.

He also acknowledged that he still likes to dabble but knows where to draw the line, “Have I sipped codeine before? Yeah, of course. Have I smoked weed? Yes. Do I drink wine? Yes. But do I do it excessively? No. I'm not a reckless guy. I do it all within moderation”

I’m sad to hear that Drake has had to use drugs to cope with his situation, but it’s so refreshing to hear an artist talk so freely about what is usually a taboo subject for those in the public eye. Admitting to still using certain substances in moderation is quite a brave choice and his honesty is quite inspiring. Anyone can see from the pictures on Octobers Very Own blog that whatever Drake’s doing he’s having a damn good time doing it and can be sure that his fam are looking out for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment